Advocacy and Education Manager
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency seeks a full-time, exempt Advocacy & Education Manager, reporting to the Director of Community Programs. This position will supervise and provide leadership to the legal advocacy team; coordinate, develop, and deliver domestic violence and violence prevention education and training to community members, staff and volunteers; and facilitate diversity, equity and inclusion efforts at Rose Brooks Center, including the facilitation of the Diversity Connections Committee.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures and utilizing the principles of trauma informed care, accessibility, and equity and inclusion. Participate in a minimum of 3 equity and inclusion related activities annually.
- Maintain awareness about the risks of secondary trauma and understand one’s own responsibility of self-care.
- Attend scheduled staff, team and supervisor meetings and required trainings.
- Bachelor’s degree – social/human services or a related field
- Minimum two years education and training experience
- Knowledge of domestic violence dynamics and best practices
- Leadership/personnel supervision experience
- Program development and project management experience
- Experience working with diverse groups in a culturally competent manner
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others – both internally and externally
- Ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy – proficient use of Windows operating system
- Valid driver’s license and insurance and ability to meet driving requirements
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English
- Experience providing domestic violence advocacy services
- Knowledge and experience in trauma informed care
- Experience creating/leading web-based/virtual trainings
Hours: This is a full-time, exempt position and requires a minimum of 40 hours/wk. The Advocacy & Education Manager works in an office environment and requires limited local travel with some evening and weekend hours.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132 OR Email: HumanResources@Rosebrooks.org
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.