Assessment and Coordination Counselor
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency seeks a full-time, exempt Assessment and Coordination Counselor, reporting to the Supported Recovery Program Manager and Director of Clinical Services.
This professional position conducts the delivery of domestic violence assessments and therapeutic services to Residential clients. In this position, you will deliver support planning and safety planning for residents of shelter, engaging residents in therapeutic support services available, providing crisis intervention as needed and helping link residents to the internal/external resources needed to help reduce their vulnerability to ongoing crises stemming from mental health and trauma. This position will work closely with the Supported Recovery Program Manager to assess substance use issues with shelter residents and provide supportive interventions, assessments, and services for individual levels of care. This position will also deliver individual assessments for all shelter residents, therapy referrals for residents interested in therapy services, individual and group therapy as needed, and advocacy and support planning services to survivors in residential services. As needed, this position will provide consultation and collaborative support to the multi-disciplinary team to provide meaningful, trauma informed interventions and support to survivors in crisis.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Assess mental health/substance abuse issues for clients and access additional supportive services as required.
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Perform all job responsibilities utilizing the principles of trauma informed care, accessibility, and equity and inclusion.
- Maintain awareness of the risks of secondary trauma/understand one’s responsibility of self-care.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined. Attend scheduled staff, team and supervisor meetings.
- Knowledge of domestic violence/cultural diversity.
- Experience in Substance Abuse treatment.
- Prior experience in providing therapy/counseling services.
- Knowledge and experience in trauma informed care.
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, marriage and family therapy or social work.
- Licensed or license eligible in MO.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred
- Work experience in a residential setting.
Hours: This is a full-time salaried position working a minimum of 40 hours per week. This position requires a flexible work schedule including 2 evenings per week that accommodate residents’ schedules and needs. On-call rotation is expected with this position for approximately 1 week/weekend every 10 weeks.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132 OR Email: HumanResources@Rosebrooks.org
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.