Bi-Lingual Non-Residential Victim Advocate
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, is currently hiring for a full-time, Bi-Lingual Non-Residential Victim Advocate reporting to the Advocacy and Education Manager. The principle responsibilities of this position are to provide advocacy services to both English- and Spanish-speaking victims identified as being at high-risk for lethality, provide domestic violence court advocacy services for victims appearing for Full Order of Protection hearings at the Jackson County Court, provide advocacy and crisis services to callers on the hotline. This position will also maintain accurate and complete documentation of services and facilitate linkages between RBC programs, other advocacy services, court personnel, law enforcement officials and related social services.
Other Aspects of the Job:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all Rose Brooks Center competencies, according to agency policies and procedures as well as a commitment to the overall mission.
- Attend scheduled supervision, staff and team meetings.
- Participate in all required and optional trainings as determined.
- Participate in a minimum of 3 equity and inclusion activities per performance evaluation period.
- Maintain awareness about the risks of secondary trauma and understand one’s own responsibility of self-care.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or related; or commensurate work experience.
- Bilingual Spanish-English – full proficiency with both written and verbal skills.
- 1 year experience providing equitable and inclusive domestic violence advocacy and knowledge of domestic violence.
- Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel and Word.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working in a court setting.
- Experience in crisis response and trauma informed services; in person or over the phone.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
Hours: Full-time, M-F primarily day hours, but may include some evenings/weekends; minimum 40-hours per week.
To Apply: E-mail or send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
HumanResources@Rosebrooks.org or PO Box 320599 Kansas City, MO 64132
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening.
Deadline: Open until filled per required qualifications.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.