Rose Brooks Center
Notice of Job Posting: 7/16/19
Bilingual Child and Family Support Specialist
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, is currently hiring for a full-time, non-exempt Bilingual Child and Family Support Specialist as part of our Children’s Services Team. The Bilingual Child and Family Support Specialist is responsible for providing quality delivery of services that are survivor-centered, accessible, trauma-informed and culturally competent.
This position facilitates psych-educational groups for children and plans and implements age-appropriate activities to promote family wellness. This position provides individual support for parents enrolled in residential and non-residential services as well as provides strength-based case management and advocacy services for those electing to participate in children’s program services. This position reports to the Director of Children’s Services. For more information, visit www.rosebrooks.org.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Perform all job responsibilities utilizing the principles of trauma informed care, accessibility, and cultural competency.
- Maintain awareness about the risks of secondary trauma and understand one’s own responsibility of self-care.
- Participate in a minimum of 3 diversity related activities.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined.
- Attend scheduled staff, team and supervisor meetings.
- Bachelor of Arts degree or commensurate related work experience.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Demonstrated dependability and reliability.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and creative problem-solving skills.
- Proven time management and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork with others.
- Candidate must consent to background checks including children’s division (central registry/child abuse) screening.
- Bachelor of Arts degree preferred.
- Experience in working with at-risk children in a residential setting preferred.
- The ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- The ability to stand, sit, walk, run, bend, stoop, reach, twist, push and pull on a regular basis.
WORK HOURS – Full-time, 40-hours
This position is four, 10-hour days, primarily Mon-Thurs. Flexibility is needed for start and end times and is based on the needs of the clients and agency and will include some evening and occasional weekend hours.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO. 64132
Or Email: HumanResources@RoseBrooks.org
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications. For questions about this position, please contact Human Resources 816-523-5550 x7108. Background screening required including Division of Family Services.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.