Bilingual Non-Residential Victim Advocate
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, is currently hiring for a full-time, Bilingual Non-Residential Victim Advocate reporting to the Lethality Assessment Manager. The principle responsibilities of this position are to provide advocacy services to both English- and Spanish-speaking victims identified as being at high-risk for lethality, provide domestic violence court advocacy services for victims appearing for Full Order of Protection hearings at the Jackson County Court, provide advocacy and crisis services to callers on the hotline. This position will also maintain accurate and complete documentation of services and facilitate linkages between RBC programs, other advocacy services, court personnel, law enforcement officials and related social services.
Other Aspects of the Job:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all Rose Brooks Center competencies, according to agency policies and procedures as well as a commitment to the overall mission.
- Attend scheduled supervision, staff and team meetings.
- Participate in all required and optional trainings as determined.
- Participate in a minimum of 3 equity and inclusion activities per performance evaluation period.
- Maintain awareness about the risks of secondary trauma and understand one’s own responsibility of self-care.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or related; or commensurate work experience.
- Bilingual Spanish-English – full proficiency with both written and verbal skills.
- Experience providing equitable and inclusive domestic violence advocacy and knowledge of domestic violence.
- Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel and Word.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working in a court setting.
- Experience in crisis response and trauma informed services; in person or over the phone.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
Hours: Full-time, M-F primarily day hours, but may include some evenings/weekends; minimum 40-hours per week.
Compensation: This position falls into a salary range with annual compensation starting at $37,440 (exempt).
To Apply: Visit https://www.rosebrooks.org/careers/ OR Email: HumanResources@rosebrooks.org
Candidates must consent to background and Division of Family Services (Central Registry/Child Abuse) screenings
Open until filled per qualifications. For questions, please contact Human Resources, 816-523-5550 x7108.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.