Rose Brooks Center
Notice of job posting
Bilingual Police Advocacy Coordinator –
Exempt Position #25-001-FT-PAC
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, seeks a Bilingual Police Advocacy Coordinator whose primary role will be to provide survivor centered, accessible, trauma-informed, and culturally competent advocacy and safety planning services for victims of domestic violence seen by the Domestic Violence Section of the Kansas City Missouri Police Department. This position will work cooperatively and collaboratively with the Domestic Violence Section to establish, implement and evaluate an improved system for holding batterers accountable and improving victim safety. This position provides data control for grant compliance, coordinates services and collaborates with other Rose Brooks Center staff and service providers in the community, coordinates the quality and quantity of services provided. The Police Advocacy Coordinator will support the mission and values of the agency and reports to the Advocacy and Education Manager.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Fulfill obligations as a mandated reporter of child and elder abuse/neglect according to Missouri statutes.
- Attend scheduled staff and team meetings.
- Required Experience
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English
- Minimum one year advocacy experience, preferably with a domestic violence agency
- Knowledgeable of domestic violence and criminal justice system
- Ability to provide culturally competent advocacy services
- Computer literacy
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Required Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in social science field or commensurate work experience
- Preferred Skills
- Experience working in a court setting and/or with law enforcement
- Knowledge of/training in Trauma Informed Care
Full-time, exempt position. Minimum 40-hrs per week, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO. 64132
Or Email: HumanResources@RoseBrooks.org
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications. For questions about this position, please contact Human Resources 816-523-5550 x7108. Background screening required including Division of Family Services (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.