Rose Brooks Center
Notice of Job Posting 8.7.18
BILINGUAL VICTIM ADVOCATE – Exempt #27-002-FT-VAB
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, is currently hiring for a full-time Victim Advocate reporting to the Advocacy and Education Manager. The principle responsibilities of this position are to provide advocacy services to victims identified as being at high-risk for lethality, provide domestic violence court advocacy services for victims appearing for Full Order of Protection hearings at the Jackson County Court, and provide advocacy and crisis services to callers on the hotline. This position will also maintain accurate and complete documentation of services and facilitate linkages between RBC programs, other advocacy services, court personnel, law enforcement officials and related social services. Will perform other duties as assigned.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all Rose Brooks Center competencies, according to agency policies and procedures as well as a commitment to the overall mission.
- Attend scheduled supervision, staff and team meetings.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience
- Bi-lingual Spanish-English – full proficiency with both written and verbal skills
- Experience in domestic violence advocacy and knowledge of domestic violence
- Computer literacy
- Proven relational, organizational and customer service skills
- Experience working in a court setting
- Experience in crisis response and trauma informed services; in person or over the phone
- Effective team member in collaboration and cooperation
- Valid driver’s license and proof of liability insurance
Hours: Full-time, primarily Monday-Friday normal business hours. Minimum of 40 hrs/wk. This may include evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
To Apply: E-mail or send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening.
Deadline: Open until filled per required qualifications.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.