Bridge Advocate (PRN, Part-Time/On-Call)
If you want to make a positive difference in the lives of others and do meaningful work, then Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency in Kansas City, MO may be the agency for you!
We are seeking reliable persons to serve as Bridge Advocates to work either on an on-call basis for our 24/7 hospital advocacy program, and/or as needed. If you are looking for an opportunity that provides a flexible work schedule and offers valuable advocacy training and team support then this may be for you! A flexible schedule could include evening, overnight, weekend, or holiday hours. More information about hours is listed below.
Responsibilities include providing direct advocacy services to victims of domestic violence identified in a health care setting, including clear and accurate completion of documentation as needed. Advocates must be able to respond to the Bridge Dispatcher or Hotline within 10 minutes of a call and arrive at the referring KCMO hospital within 45-minutes of the initial call.
HOURS: PRN Bridge Advocates will be on-call (from 5pm-8am) one day per week plus every 5th weekend (Fri 5pm-Sun 5pm).
Compensation: This position falls within a salary range starting at $17/hour, with additional on-call pay and shift differential.
• Candidates must be reliable and dependable.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential, including written communication.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Advocacy or case management experience and knowledge of Domestic Violence is preferred, however training will be provided.
• Experience working with victims of domestic violence preferred.
• Valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and reliable transportation.
• Due to specific hospital requirements, candidate must be able to provide proof of immunizations or be able to obtain a blood test to verify immunization. This also includes an annual flu shot with verification.
You can be a part of a dynamic and innovative team that provides hope for a better future!
To Apply: Send resume to: HumanResources@rosebrooks.org OR
Human Resources, P.O. Box 320599, Kansas City, MO. 64132
Candidates must consent to clear background check/pre-employment screenings.
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.