Bridge Advocate (PRN Part-time/On-Call
If you want to make a positive difference in the lives of others and do meaningful work, then Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency in Kansas City, MO may be the agency for you!
Each year, Rose Brooks Center reaches over 14,000 individuals and their pets, with a mission to end the cycle of domestic violence. We are committed to providing survivor centered, equitable and inclusive, accessible, and trauma informed advocacy.
We are seeking reliable persons to serve as Bridge Advocates to work either on an on-call basis for our 24/7 hospital advocacy program, and/or as needed. If you are looking for an opportunity that provides a flexible work schedule and offers valuable advocacy training and team support then this may be for you! A flexible schedule could include evening, overnight, weekend, or holiday hours. More information about hours is listed below.
Responsibilities include providing direct advocacy services to victims of domestic violence identified in a health care setting, including clear and accurate completion of documentation as needed. Advocates must be able to respond to the Bridge Dispatcher or Hotline within 10 minutes of a call and arrive at the referring KCMO hospital within 45-minutes of the initial call.
HOURS: PRN Bridge Advocates will be on-call (from 5pm-8am) one day per week plus every 5th weekend (Fri 5pm-Sun 5pm).
- Candidates must be reliable and dependable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential, including written communication.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Advocacy or case management experience and knowledge of Domestic Violence is preferred, however training will be provided.
- Experience working with victims of domestic violence preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and reliable transportation.
- Due to specific hospital requirements, candidate must be able to provide proof of immunizations or be able to obtain a blood test to verify immunization. This also includes an annual flu shot with verification.
You can be a part of a dynamic and innovative team that provides hope for a better future!
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: HumanResources@rosebrooks.org
Or mail to:
PO Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132
Candidates must consent to Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening.
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.