Rose Brooks Center
Notice of Job Posting 4.23.18
Bridge Advocate (PRN Part-time/On-Call)
If doing meaningful work and making a positive difference in the lives of others is important to you, this may be the opportunity for you!
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, serves more than 10,000 families each year and is a nationally recognized leader in creating safe families and communities. We are committed to the work we do and we work together to rebuild, reclaim, and save lives threatened by domestic violence.
We are seeking reliable persons to serve as Bridge Advocates to work on-call basis for our 24/7 hospital advocacy program. If you are looking for an opportunity that provides a flexible work schedule and offers valuable advocacy training and team support then this may be for you! A flexible schedule could include evening, overnight, weekend, or holiday hours. More information about hours is listed below.
Responsibilities include providing direct advocacy services to victims of domestic violence identified in a health care setting, this includes clear and accurate completion of documents as needed. Advocates must be able to respond to the Bridge Dispatcher or Hotline within 10 minutes of a call and arrive at the referring KCMO hospital within 45-minutes of the initial call.
HOURS: PRN Bridge Advocates will be on-call (from 5pm-8am) one day per week plus every 5th weekend (Fri 5pm-Sun 5pm).
- Candidates must be reliable and dependable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential, including written communication.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Advocacy or case management experience and knowledge of Domestic Violence is preferred, however training will be provided
- Experience working with victims of domestic violence preferred
- Valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and reliable transportation
- Due to specific hospital requirements, candidate must be able to provide proof of immunizations or be able to obtain a blood test to verify immunization.
Candidates must consent to, and have clear Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screenings.
You can be a part of a dynamic and innovative team that provides hope for a better future! To apply, send cover letter and resume to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132 or
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening.
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity
For more information visit www.rosebrooks.org