Rose Brooks Center
Notice of Job Posting 3.12.19
Bridge Coordinator/Volunteer Coordinator – Exempt (POSN#73-001-FT-BCVC)
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency seeks a full-time, exempt Bridge Coordinator/Volunteer Coordinator, reporting to the Bridge Program Manager. This position provides crisis and non-crisis advocacy services to victims of domestic violence in a clinic or hospital setting, including but not limited to conducting lethality assessment screens, safety planning, preparing Orders of Protection, and providing education on domestic violence and victim rights. This position will coordinate with hospitals and service areas in creating an environment supportive of reaching victims of domestic violence and provides leadership and guidance in the creation or editing or policies and procedures and providing leadership for task forces. The Bridge Coordinator/Volunteer Coordinator will develop and maintain the awareness and utilization of the Bridge Program to the service areas, including various marketing and training activities, including but not limited to public speaking and making presentations.
This position is also responsible for providing supervision and leadership to Bridge Advocate Volunteers, including conducting interviews and hiring new Volunteers, leading orientation and training, coordinating work schedules, managing communications, and facilitating and planning for meetings.
This position is responsible for carrying a pager and participates in the on-call rotation approximately one full week every six weeks. Will perform other duties as assigned.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Attend scheduled staff, team and supervision meetings.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined.
- This position requires carrying a pager and on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree required. Social/human services field preferred.
- Minimum one-year domestic violence advocacy/crisis intervention experience.
- Proficient use of Windows operating system and programs.
- Experience with facilitating, presenting and training others in a workplace setting.
- Experience supervising staff, volunteers, and/or students.
- Demonstrated skills in time management, organization and prioritization.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, both internally and externally.
- Ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with community partners.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- Knowledgeable of hospital/health care operations
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
This is a full time, exempt position and requires a minimum of 40 hours per week. The Bridge Coordinator/Volunteer Coordinator works in an office, hospital, and clinic environment and requires limited local travel. It requires flexible hours, including some evening and weekends, and participation in the on-call rotation.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132 or
Candidates must consent to background and Division of Family Services (Central Registry/Child Abuse) screenings
Open until filled per qualifications. For questions, please contact Human Resources, 816-523-5550 x7108.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.