Welcome to the Cabaret! The tech guide below outlines step-by-step instructions on setting up and testing your equipment prior to the event. Rose Brooks will provide all registered guests a link to our private online broadcast. We will have our technology staff standing by ready to troubleshoot should you have any issues connecting to our link.
Tech contact person: Evan Sauro @ 913-485-3689
Ready For The Big Night?
Tips and common tech roadblocks:
You can access the event site at www.bit.ly/rbcabaret22. Access the event site before the event begins to make sure you are ready.
1. Watching on your TV? Some TV default browsers are not adequate for live stream viewing. Try searching for another browser to download, such as Chrome or Firefox.
2. Have an Amazon Firestick? You can download a browser app (Chrome, Firefox) to access the event site.
3. Once the CHECK-IN begins, check your audio. Not getting audio? Try clicking the volume icon by the play/pause button. Also, make certain you ONLY have the event page up, and no other programs competing for sound, such as zoom, iTunes, YouTube, etc.
PLEASE NOTE: Some browser settings won’t allow you to type www. before an address. If you experience an error try typing bit.ly/rbcabaret22 to access the event site.
Cabaret Program: Sunday, March 6, it’s show time and we’ll be ready to welcome you to Cabaret. The private broadcast event will go live at 6:00 p.m. at www.bit.ly/rbcabaret22 with a virtual pre-program.
6:00 PM CHECK-IN
We are starting music early, so log in to make sure your sound is ready.
6:30 PM PRE-SHOW
This is content ONLY our virtual guests will get to see. Tune in for mission moments, interviews, sponsor thank you videos, and more.
7 PM THE PROGRAM
Our event chairs, David and Lauren Atterbury, KSHB’s Lauren Scott, and Auctioneer Yve Rojas, along with Lisa Fleming, Rose Brooks Center’s CEO, will welcome you to this year’s Cabaret!
See the breadth of services of Rose Brooks Center with a new video.
8PM A stunning performance by Marisha Wallace!
Connect | Test | Enjoy
There are 3 easy options to connect to the Cabaret private broadcast link:
Option 1: Direct Viewing: Internet enabled device with a web browser: i.e. Laptop, PC, Mac, phone, tablet, Android/smart TV
Option 2: Cast to TV: Internet enabled device with web browser and TV
Option 3: Connect to TV HDMI: Internet enabled device with web browser, TV, HDMI cable
Option 1: Direct Viewing – The Easiest Option!
Tune in to Cabaret through a web browser using your desktop computer, laptop, tablet, Smart TV or mobile device.
- Open your web browser and type in the URL address and you’re in! URL www.bit.ly/rbcabaret22
Option 2: Connect to TV using it’s HDMI Input
Watch Cabaret on your TV with an HDMI cable connection to your computer. If your TV is less than eight years old it should have an extra HDMI input on the back or side. The cable TV box probably occupies one slot.
- Turn your TV and computer off. Connect both into AC power.
- Plug one end of the HDMI cable into your computer’s HDMI output jack.
- Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into your TV’s HDMI port. Note the label by the HDMI plug, like “HDMI 2”
- Turn on your TV and computer
- Use the TV remote to change the source/input to the port where you plugged in the HDMI cable. “HDMI 2” in the example above.
- Using Chrome or your web browser of choice, go to www.bit.ly/rbcabaret22. Click the play button.
The video will play on both the device and TV if you are mirroring or you can extend the desktop.
Option 3: Cast to TV
If you have AppleTV, DLNA or Miracast, you can cast stream from your device onto your television. However, this one can get tricky and setup depends on the TV you have. If you have AppleTV, DLNA or Miracast, follow these steps:
- On your mobile phone or computer, go to www.bit.ly/rbcabaret22
2. In the lower right corner, click the maximize screen button, to expand it to full screen.
3. Locate the cast icon in the top right corner of your browser window.
4. Select the TV where you would like the video to play.
You should see the video starting to play on your TV screen.
Reach out to our tech team | Beginning at 5:30pm Sunday:
Evan Sauro: 913-485-3689