Chief Executive Officer
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, seeks an experienced leader for the position of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Each year, Rose Brooks Center reaches over 14,000 individuals and their pets, with a mission to break the cycle of domestic violence so that individuals and families can live free of abuse. Rose Brooks Center is a 501(c)(3) organization with an annual operating budget of approximately $8 million.
The CEO reports directly to the Board of Directors and the Board Executive Committee. Together with the Board, the CEO provides vision and leadership and is responsible for the success of the organization. The CEO assures the accomplishment of the agency’s mission, vision, values and philosophies, relevance to the community and the accountability to those we serve. The Board delegates responsibility to the CEO for management and day-to-day operations and the CEO has the authority to carry out these responsibilities, in accordance with the established direction and policies. The CEO provides direction and enabling to the Board as it carries out its governance function. The CEO will lead and have final decision making authority on all aspects of RBC operations.
- Responsible for determining the mission, vision, values, and culture of the agency and setting and accomplishing strategic plan goals accordingly.
- Performs all duties utilizing the principles of trauma informed care, accessibility, and equity and inclusion.
- Provides executive level oversight to all operations, including general oversight of day-to-day operations, fund development, grant management, financial integrity and compliance, facilities management, and human resources.
- Ensures Board is aware of current and anticipated trends, regulations, and opportunities to ensure continuity, sustainability and community relevance.
- Ensures the continued financial stability of RBC by leading and participating in an effective fund development program, grant management, donor stewardship, public relations, marketing, social media, etc.
- Serves as chief spokesperson for the agency.
- Oversees all aspects of the agency’s fiscal integrity and activities of the organization including budgeting, expense management, reporting, compliance and audit.
- Maintains client service excellence by developing and providing cost-effective programs and services.
- Ensures best practices employment policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and throughout the community.
- Ensures the agency operates in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Business, Organizational Development or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a senior management position in or related to Domestic Violence preferred, or the equivalent experience in trauma stewardship and trauma informed care.
- Position is based in Kansas City and requires candidate to work in Kansas City location.
Required Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Commitment to Results: The CEO is a systems thinker, who is customer focused and goal driven; action-oriented and innovative. This person translates vision into high level strategic thinking. This requires a strong work ethic and a high degree of energy.
- Business Savvy: This position requires demonstrated knowledge and experience in financial and expense management, human resources and human relations, fund and grant management, program management and day-to-day non-profit operations. This individual must be comfortable and knowledgeable with equity, inclusion and cultural competency.
- Leading Change: This individual shares in Rose Brooks Center’s values, mission, vision, philosophies, and culture, demonstrates transparent and high integrity leadership, models behavior and deals effectively with demanding situations while assisting in design/implementation of interventions.
- Commitment to Equity and Inclusion: The CEO is committed to equity and inclusion through the intentional and continuous development of awareness and skills to provide a safe, respectful and welcoming environment. This individual embraces this process by engaging with and responding with staff and community through reflection, advocacy and support.
- Inspiration and Motivation: The CEO leads and guides continuity, change and transition; this includes the ability to envision and effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, the Board, volunteers, and the overall community. The CEO knows how to influence, inspire, encourage, and motivate others.
- Other Requirements:
- Ability to handle detailed, complex concepts and problems, balance multiple tasks/high-stress simultaneously, and make sound decisions regarding administrative issues.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including the Board, committees, volunteers, donors, clients and community members.
- Demonstrates commitment to continued professional growth and development.
- Practices self-care and trauma stewardship.
Compensation: This is a full-time, exempt position. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience/qualifications; medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, 403(b) Retirement Plan, supplemental insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, generous paid time off, etc.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: CEOApplications@
Or mail to:
PO Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132
Candidates must consent to background screenings.
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer and offers highly competitive pay and benefits.