Rose Brooks Center
Notice of Job Posting 3.20.18
DIRECTOR OF HOUSING AND ECONOMIC ADVOCACY (Exempt)
Rose Brooks Center is hiring for a full-time Program Director to provide leadership and management of the Housing and Economic Advocacy Program serving survivors of domestic violence and their children. Primary responsibilities of the position include supervision of program staff; cultivation and maintenance of collaborative partnerships with community partners, coordination of housing and economic advocacy services with Rose Brooks Center and community resources; grant administration and reporting, provision of training and consultation related to domestic violence dynamics and policies; and overall management of quality trauma informed advocacy services. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will perform other duties as assigned. (Posn#80-001-FT-DIRHEE).
- 2+ years program and personnel management experience
- Expertise in domestic violence and economic empowerment advocacy for survivors of domestic violence
- Grant administration and reporting experience
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team and facilitating multidisciplinary team meetings
- Knowledge of relevant community resources
- Demonstrated customer service skills, preferably in a high stress environment
- Effective team member in collaboration and cooperation
- Experience in developing and maintaining strong collaborations
- Experience providing trauma informed and culturally competent services to a diverse client group
- Computer literacy
- Proven organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling or related field.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance and reliable transportation.
- Experience providing training and consultation related to domestic violence dynamics and policies
- Experience managing HUD funded housing program
- Experience with HMIS data reporting
- Master’s degree in social work
- Bilingual Spanish and English, both verbal and written
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Perform all job responsibilities utilizing the principles of trauma informed care, accessibility, and cultural competency.
- Maintain awareness about the risks of secondary trauma and understand one’s own responsibility of self-care.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined.
- Attend scheduled staff, team, supervisor and other related meetings.
- This position primarily works on-site, however there are duties that will be off-site such as attendance to community meetings and occasional in-home visits with clients each month.
Hours: Full Time – 40 hours/wk. May include evening and weekend hours, as needed.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132 or
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening.
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity
For more information visit www.rosebrooks.org