Director of Prevention
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency seeks a full-time, exempt Director of Prevention, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. The Director of Prevention supervises and provides leadership for violence prevention program services and education in all prevention service locations for the agency. This position supervises and provides leadership to staff providing prevention services and education to children and youth, and ensures prevention services and education are consistent with Rose Brooks Center’s principles of trauma-informed care, accessibility, equity and inclusion, as well as with quality assurance indicators and targets for outcomes and productivity. Additional responsibilities include partnering with agency leadership and the development team on grant proposals, grant administration, and grant reporting. This position works collaboratively with other internal staff, leaders, and community partners in the provision of prevention services and education for children and youth.
Other aspects of the position:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures and utilizing the principles of trauma-informed care, accessibility, and equity and inclusion.
- Maintain awareness about the risks of secondary trauma and understand one’s own responsibility of self-care.
- Participate in a minimum of 3 equity and inclusion related activities annually.
- Participate in all required trainings and attend scheduled staff, team and supervisor meetings.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, public administration or related social/human services, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more years personnel and program management experience
- Experience working with children and youth who have experienced trauma
- Expertise and experience providing violence prevention services and education
- Experience and skill in public speaking, training, and presentations
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
- Computer literacy
- Proven organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to meet driving requirements and provide proof of automobile insurance
- Master’s Degree in social work, public health, public administration, or other social/human services
- Bilingual Spanish/English
Hours: This is a full-time, exempt position scheduled Monday through Friday and requires a minimum of 40 hours/wk. Some evening and weekend availability may be required.
Compensation: This position falls into a salary range starting at $65,000 annually (exempt).
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to: HumanResources@rosebrooks.org OR Human Resources P.O. Box 320599 Kansas City, MO. 64132
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications.
Candidates must consent to required background checks.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.