Director of Volunteers and Community Engagement
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency seeks a full-time, exempt Director of Volunteers and Community Engagement, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. This position provides leadership and guidance for the volunteer program at Rose Brooks Center. This includes recruiting, training, managing, coordinating, and evaluating volunteers for Rose Brooks Center programs, operations, facility-related projects, and fundraising events and activities. Community outreach and engagement activities include community awareness presentations with corporations and community groups and delivering domestic violence training and education to community partners. The Director of Volunteers and Community Engagement is an integral partner with the Development Team by providing connection to individuals, corporate, and community group volunteers; providing volunteer support for events; and, representing Rose Brooks Center at third party fundraising events.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures and utilizing the principles of trauma informed care, accessibility and equity and inclusion. Maintain awareness of risks of secondary trauma and understand one’s own responsibility of self-care.
- Attend scheduled staff, team and supervision meetings and participate in all required trainings; participate in a minimum of three equity and inclusion activities annually.
- Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Two years volunteer management and/or supervisory experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience with facilitating, presenting and training others.
- Proficient use of Windows operating system and programs and Google Workspace.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion and culturally responsive practices.
- Demonstrated organizational.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, both internally and externally.
- Ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to engage, build, and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and engage a diverse range of stakeholders in a kind, genuine and respectful manner.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
- Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social/Human Services or a related field.
- Experience in volunteer recruitment, community engagement, and/or volunteer management experience, preferably in a social service program serving survivors of domestic/sexual violence.
- Training and/or experience in dynamics of domestic violence/trauma-informed care.
This is a full time, exempt position and requires a minimum of 40 hours per week, which includes evening and weekend hours for the management of volunteers and community event presentations. The Director of Volunteers and Community Engagement works in an office and community environment.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132 OR Email: HumanResources@Rosebrooks.org
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.