Rose Brooks Center
Notice of Job Posting 2.28.18
FAMILY AND CHILDREN’S THERAPIST (Exempt)
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, seeks a full-time, exempt Family and Children’s Therapist. This position offers a multitude of family enriching activities to women and children, both Residential and Non-residential. Provides individual, family and group therapy, and support planning services to women and children choosing to participate in elective services based on assessment and treatment plans. This position will advocate and coordinate services to children, offer clinical knowledge, collaborative support and expertise on children’s issues, including staff consultation and trauma-informed crisis intervention to families as needed. Fulfills all requirements of supporting funding sources.
This position reports to the Director of Clinical Services. POSN#40-001-FT-FCTHER
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Perform all job responsibilities utilizing the principles of trauma informed care, accessibility, and cultural competency.
- Maintain awareness about the risks of secondary trauma and understand one’s own responsibility of self-care.
- Attend scheduled staff, team and supervisor meetings.
- Communicate clinical information to the team process with recommendation for treatment needs and assistance in implementation of the overall plan.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined.
This is a full-time salaried position working a minimum of 40 hours. This position requires a flexible work schedule including 2-3 evenings per week that accommodate client’s schedules and needs. On-call rotation is expected with this position for approximately 1 week/weekend every 8 weeks.
- Required Education and Licensure
- Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology, Marriage and Family therapy or Clinical Social Work. Clinical licensure or approved license eligible for the State of MO (Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW; Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, LMFT; Licensed Professional Counselor, LPC).
- Required Experience
- Two years working in children’s services.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with others – internal and external
- Demonstrates initiative and responsibility
- Provides excellent customer service to others including staff, clients, donors and community members
- Demonstrates respect for diversity and cultural competency
- Works both independently as well as an effective team member and strives to improve staff/client relations
- Takes ownership and is an active participant in the established self-development process
- Understands trauma and its impact
- Computer literacy
- 1+ years’ work experience in a residential setting
- Knowledgeable of Domestic Violence/Cultural diversity preferred
- Registered Play Therapist or working toward certification preferred.
- Spanish-English Bi-lingual
To apply, send cover letter and resume to:
PO Box 320599
Or e-mail: HumanResources@rosebrooks.org
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications. For questions about this position, please contact Human Resources, 816-523-5550 x7108.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity
For more information visit www.rosebrooks.org