Rose Brooks Center
Notice of Job Posting 8/4/17
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, is currently hiring for a full-time Overnight Shelter Advocate. Rose Brooks Center’s shelter is a low barrier and voluntary program. The Shelter Advocate is responsible for providing survivor centered, accessible, trauma informed and culturally competent advocacy to residents of Rose Brooks Center. Primary responsibilities include providing advocacy and crisis intervention services for residents of the 100 bed shelter and to callers on the hotline. Other responsibilities include conducting resident intakes, operating and monitoring the security system and facilitating services and activities that promote a healthy, safe and positive living environment. This position will also perform general office functions. This position reports to the Evening Shelter Manager.
- Bi-lingual Spanish – English, both written and verbal
- Enjoys working with people in a team and collaborative work environment
- Works well in a fast-paced, stressful environment with the demonstrated ability to multi-task. Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to maintain accurate, timely documentation of services and perform basic computer skills using Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to provide proof of automobile insurance
- Experience with domestic violence advocacy
- Experience with mediation and crisis intervention
- Knowledge of relevant community resources
- Experience providing culturally competent services to a diverse client group
- Knowledge and experience in trauma informed care and dynamics of domestic violence.
Other Aspects of the Job:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Fulfill obligations as a mandated reporter of child/elder abuse/neglect according to Missouri statutes.
- Attend scheduled staff and team meetings that fall out of regularly scheduled hours.
Hours: Full-time, non-exempt position. Hours are Wednesday-Sunday 12am-8am. This position is required to work some holidays.
To Apply: Online or send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.