Rose Brooks Center
Notice of Job Posting 8.28.17
Full-Time Shelter Advocate-Overnight
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, is currently hiring for a non-exempt full-time Overnight Shelter Advocate. Rose Brooks Center’s shelter is a low barrier and voluntary program. The Shelter Advocate is responsible for providing survivor centered, accessible, trauma informed and culturally competent advocacy to residents of Rose Brooks Center. Primary responsibilities include providing advocacy and crisis intervention services for residents of the 100 bed shelter and to callers on the hotline. Other responsibilities include conducting resident intakes, operating and monitoring the security system and facilitating the provision of services and activities that promote a healthy, safe and positive living environment. This position will support the mission and values of the agency, collaborate across programs within the agency and within multidisciplinary teams, as well as within systems external to the agency. This position also performs general office functions and reports to the Evening Shelter Manager.
- Enjoys working with people in a team and collaborative work environment
- Works well in a fast-paced, stressful environment with the demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to maintain accurate, timely documentation of services and perform basic computer skills using Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to provide proof of automobile insurance
- Bi-lingual Spanish – English, both written and verbal
- American Sign Language (ASL)
- Experience with domestic violence advocacy
- Experience with mediation and crisis intervention
- Knowledge of relevant community resources
- Experience providing culturally competent services to a diverse client group
- Knowledge and experience in trauma informed care and dynamics of domestic violence.
Other Aspects of the Job:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined.
- Attend scheduled staff and team meetings; that fall out of regularly scheduled hours
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours. Four, ten-hour shifts. Friday-Tuesday 10pm-8am (shift ends Tues. 8:00 am). This position is required to work some holidays.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.