Rose Brooks Center
Exempt Position #40-006-FT-THER
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency seeks a full-time, exempt Therapist,
reporting to the Director of Clinical Services.
This professional position conducts the delivery of domestic violence services to residents of the
Shelter and other Clinical Services clients. In this position and as needed, you will deliver individual
assessments, individual and group therapy, and advocacy and support planning services to clients
enrolled in the Shelter or Housing programs and for clients in the community as capacity allows. As
needed, this position will provide consultation, education and information to other professionals in the
agency, and/or other community providers, regarding impacts of trauma, domestic violence, and mental
health issues. Principle responsibilities are:
– Provide trauma-informed, individual and group therapy services for residential and non-
residential clients as elected.
– Actively engage with assigned shelter residents in support planning, safety planning and
therapeutic services throughout their stay.
– Provide advocacy and collaborative service coordination. Provide consultation and clinical
support to the shelter team in implementing trauma-informed mental health intervention for
residents as needed.
– Provide documentation and electronic records of therapeutic services delivered according to
agency standards and professional ethics.
– Professional development and consultation activities.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
1. Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC competencies and a
commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
2. Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
3. Perform all job responsibilities utilizing the principles of trauma informed care, accessibility, and
4. Maintain awareness about the risks of secondary trauma and understand one’s own responsibility
5. Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined.
6. Attend scheduled staff, team and supervisor meetings.
7. May perform other duties as assigned.
– Knowledge of domestic violence dynamics and best practices
– Prior experience in providing therapy/counseling services
– Experience working with diverse individuals and groups in a culturally competent manner
– Knowledge and experience in trauma informed care
– Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
– Proven organizational and time management skills
– Computer literacy – proficient use of Windows operating system
– Master’s degree in counseling, psychology or social work.
– Licensed or license eligible in MO.
– Bi-lingual Spanish/English strongly preferred
– Work experience in a residential setting
Hours: This is a full-time, exempt position and requires a minimum of 40 hours/wk. This position
will work primarily daytime hours with some weekly evening hours required. On-call
rotation is required for approximately 1 week/weekend every 10 weeks.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: HumanResources@rosebrooks.org
Or mail to:
PO Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132
Candidates must consent to Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening.
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.