Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, is currently hiring for a full-time Grants Manager. Rose Brooks Center seeks a mission-driven grant professional for the role of Grants Manager. This position is a part of the Development team and is key to contributing to the fundraising goals and capacity of Rose Brooks Center, as well as contributing to a positive, dedicated work environment centered on the agency’s mission. Key responsibilities include researching, writing and developing government and foundation grants and reports which provide critical support for the agency. This position demonstrates creativity, compassion, innovation, and strong collaboration in working with other staff to achieve agency and department goals.
Key competencies also include flexibility, planning and organization, and the ability to multi-task. The Grants Manager demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills for working with funders, as well as program, executive, and development staff for writing and updating government, foundation, corporate, and other grant proposals and reports. This position works independently as well as collectively, is committed to quality and is detail-oriented, using determination, time management and follow-through in meeting grant management, tracking and reporting requirements. This position reports to the Development Director – Grants. This position is Exempt (#600-002-FT-DMG).
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all Rose Brooks Center competencies and a commitment to the overall mission.
- Demonstrates commitment to cultural competency, accessibility and trauma informed care.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Participate in all required/optional trainings as determined and attend scheduled staff, grant and team meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of five years grant writing experience
- One to three years of successful broad-based fund-raising experience.
- Demonstrated success with writing government and/or foundation grants.
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple and diverse tasks and projects and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven planning and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise initiative, work independently and collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
HOURS: Full-time, 40-hrs. M-F day schedule. Flexibility needed to work some evenings or weekends. This is primarily a remote position, with the ability to provide some on-site presence as needed.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity. Rose Brooks Center offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits.