Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency seeks a full-time, exempt Bridge Coordinator, reporting to the Bridge Program Manager. This position provides crisis and non-crisis advocacy services to victims of domestic violence in a clinic or hospital setting. Key responsibilities include conducting lethality assessment screens, safety planning, preparing Orders of Protection, and providing education on domestic violence and victim rights.
This position will coordinate with hospitals and service areas in creating an environment supportive of reaching victims of domestic violence and provides leadership and guidance in the creation or editing of policies and procedures and providing leadership for task forces. The Bridge Coordinator will develop and maintain the awareness and utilization of the Bridge Program to the service areas, including but not limited to various marketing and training activities, public speaking and delivering presentations, coordinates quality and quantity of services provided both internally and externally. Assists with volunteer services and training.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Attend scheduled staff, team and supervision meetings.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined.
- This position requires carrying a pager and on-call rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Social/human services field preferred.
- Minimum one-year domestic violence advocacy/crisis intervention experience.
- Experience with facilitating, presenting and training others in a workplace setting.
- Demonstrated skills in time management, organization and prioritization.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, both internally and externally.
- Ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with community partners.
- Demonstrated culturally competent practices.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
- Knowledgeable of hospital or health care operations
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
This is a full time, exempt position and requires a minimum of 40 hours per week. The Bridge Coordinator works in an office, hospital, and clinic environment and requires limited local travel. It requires flexible day, evening and weekend hours; is responsible for carrying a pager and participating in the on-call rotation approximately one full week every six weeks.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132 or Email: HumanResources@rosebrooks.org
Candidates must consent to background and Division of Family Services (Central Registry/Child Abuse) screenings
Open until filled per qualifications. For questions, please contact Human Resources, 816-523-5550.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity. Rose Brooks Center offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits.