ROSE BROOKS CENTER
NOTICE OF JOB POSTING
Housing Case Manager
Rose Brooks Center, a nonprofit domestic violence agency, is currently seeking a full-time Housing Case Manager. This position is responsible for providing long-term strengths-based case management and supportive services promoting housing and economic stability for survivors of domestic violence. Strengths-based case management and advocacy services include assistance securing and sustaining permanent housing and mainstream resources, assisting with personal goal planning and safety planning, advocacy with landlords and other community service providers, facilitating educational groups and individual sessions using the Economic Empowerment Program curriculum, and complete documentation and data entry of services and outcomes pertaining to Housing and Economic Advocacy Program services.
The individual in this position will support the mission and values of the agency, providing survivors of domestic violence with services which are survivor centered, accessible, trauma informed, equitable and inclusive. The Housing Case Manager must collaborate well within a multi-disciplinary team and across all programs at Rose Brooks Center, as well as navigate systems in the community.
This position reports to the Director of Housing and Economic Advocacy. For more information about Rose Brooks Center, visit www.rosebrooks.org.
- Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field; or commensurate work experience.
- Two years advocacy and case management experience, preferably in a domestic violence agency
- Familiarity with Strengths Perspective
- Knowledge of domestic violence
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to demonstrate culturally responsive, equitable and inclusive practices
- Proficient use of MS Office/Windows operating system
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others – both internally and externally
- Demonstrated relational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain accurate, timely documentation of services.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
- Demonstrated ability to assess, plan, facilitate, and evaluate options and services required to meet a client’s identified goals
- Experience in crisis response and working with survivors of domestic/sexual violence trauma
- Knowledge and experience in trauma informed care
- Bilingual Spanish-English
- Experience providing financial management and planning education
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend stoop, reach, twist, push and pull on a regular basis and/or for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion
Other aspects of the position:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Engage all survivor clients in positive interactions to demonstrate care and compassion and develop genuine relationships.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Participate in a minimum of 3 equity and inclusion related activities.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined.
- Attend scheduled staff and team meetings.
- Excellent understanding of current available resources and eligibility requirements.
- Ability to be flexible within the Housing and Economic Advocacy Program and agency to perform alternate roles as needed.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Hours: Full-time, exempt position requiring up to two evenings a week to accommodate participant’s schedules. Some weekend hours may be necessary. This position requires the ability to share a workspace/office environment with others.
Compensation: This position falls into a salary range starting at $44,000 annually (exempt).
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.