Rose Brooks Center
Exempt (Position #80-002-FT-HN)
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, seeks a Housing Navigator whose primary role is to provide step by step support to survivors of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and stalking who have been identified, assessed and added to a local by-name list for housing. This position is responsible for conducting VAT assessments with survivors on-site at Rose Brooks Center, at other victim service agencies, and coordinated entry hubs as well as providing assistance through all stages of housing search, application, and placement to survivors referred to established rapid re-housing programs. Other responsibilities include identifying, developing and maintaining relationships with local property managers and landlords to help mitigate barriers to housing and expedite housing placement. The Housing Navigator supports the mission and values of Rose Brooks Center and reports to the Coordinated Entry Manager.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center and in accordance to agency policies and procedures.
- Attend scheduled staff and team meetings and all required/optional trainings as determined.
- Develop understanding of current available housing resources and eligibility requirements.
- Engage survivor clients in positive interactions to demonstrate care and compassion.
- Ability to be flexible within Transitional Housing Program and Rose Brooks Center overall to perform alternate roles as needed.
- Required Education/Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field or commensurate work experience.
- Two years Case Management experience, preferably in a domestic violence agency
- Thorough knowledge of domestic violence dynamics and best practices
- Knowledge of community resources and housing programs
- Ability to demonstrate culturally competent practices
- Demonstrated skills in time management, organization and prioritization
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, both internally and externally
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with community partners
- Proficient use of Windows operating system and programs
- Ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to maintain accurate, timely documentation of services
- Valid Driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Preferred Experience/Skills
- Bilingual proficiency in English/Spanish
- Knowledge of/experience in Trauma Informed Care and crisis response
- Two years of advocacy experience, preferably working with survivors of domestic violence.
Full-time, exempt position. Minimum 40-hrs per week, requiring up to two evenings per week to accommodate participants’ schedules, and could include some week-end hours.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: HumanResources@Rosebrooks.org
OR: Human Resources P.O. Box 320599 Kansas City, MO 64132 Deadline: Open until filled per required qualifications. For questions, please contact Human Resources (816) 523-5550 x7108. Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.