Tax Credit Alert: PLEASE APPLY EARLY. Here’s why.
- As of July 1, 2022, tax credits are 70%.
- Tax credit applications are taking more than 2 months to be processed by the state. Once Rose Brooks Center receives your application back and sends it to the state, it will take an additional 2++ months to receive your credits back.
- Please have all applications back to Rose Brooks Center on or before Friday, January 13, 2023.
- If you are applying for gifts made in 2022, please make separate applications for donations from January 1st to June 30th at 50%. If your gifts were made after July 1st with the higher rate (70%), create a separate application.
- PLEASE SEE FAQ FOR MORE DETAILS.
Please remember, we are asking for timely and correct applications because it is the Missouri Department of Social Services who issues tax credits, not Rose Brooks Center. We are very grateful for your giving and absolutely love that the state offers DV tax credits. Because of this we do all that we can to support getting your applications successfully submitted to the state as soon as we receive a correct application — that meets all of the state’s requirements. Again, please return your applications back to Rose Brooks Center as soon as possible.
Top common errors when applying for tax credits (as provided by the state):
- Cumulative donations (any portion of the 12 months calendar/tax year) may be submitted on one application. Please note that you cannot cross calendar years on an application (i.e. 2021 and 2022 must be on separate applications).
- The State will return applications containing multiple years to Rose Brooks Center.
- Due to the change from 50% to 70% you will need to send in separate applications for donations made prior to July 1 , 2022 and for donations made after July 1, 2022.
- Credit card statements must contain the tax payer’s name, Rose Brooks Center’s name, date of donation, and the amount.
- If only the front of the check is available, a receipt from Rose Brooks Center must be attached.
- Please ensure the application is complete with ORIGINAL signatures of the taxpayer and Rose Brooks Center’s Executive Director, and dated. If signatures appear to be scanned or copied the State will return the application to Rose Brooks Center.
Tax Credit Application
Download a tax credit application below:
What is a Tax Credit?
A tax credit is a sum subtracted from the total amount a taxpayer owes to the state. Unlike deductions and exemptions that reduce taxable income, credits directly reduce taxes owed. The value of the credits is subtracted from the total amount of owed taxes. Rose Brooks Center currently has Missouri Domestic Violence (DV) Tax Credits for up to 70% of your gift.
Who is eligible?
Any individual or business who pays taxes in Missouri.
What is the minimum gift amount?
Any gifts made to Rose Brooks Center totaling $100 or more in a calendar year.
What if I donated prior to July 1, 2022 AND after July 1, 2022?
If you are applying for gifts made in 2022, please make an application for gifts prior to July 1st at the 50% tax credit rate, and make a separate applications for gifts made on July 1st or after at 70%. You may include more than one donation on an application.
Is it difficult to apply and how long does it take to receive them?
Applying for a Missouri DV Tax Credit only requires you to correctly fill out less than 10 fields on the Application Form and supply proof of donation. Fill it out, sign it, mail in the original to Rose Brooks Center – and you’re done. Once we receive the application, approve and sign it, we send it on to the State of Missouri Department of Social Services. The State then will mail credits directly to you. Please allow 2 to 3 months for this process!
What do I use for my proof of donation?
If the donation was made by check, you must provide a copy of the front and back of the cancelled check or provide a bank statement clearly showing your name and the payment to Rose Brooks Center. If the donation was made by credit card, you must submit a copy of your credit card statement clearly showing your name and the payment to Rose Brooks Center. You may blackout other account information. Rose Brooks Center thank you letters are not considered proof by the State.
What if I don’t itemize my deductions?
You do not have to itemize your deductions to use a Missouri Tax Credit.
Are DV Tax Credits Transferable?
Although some tax credits are salable, domestic violence tax credits are not – making them non-transferable.
What can tax credits be applied to?
Income (excluding withholding tax), Corporate Franchise Tax, Bank Tax, Insurance Premium Tax, Express Companies Tax.
Where do I send the completed application?
Rose Brooks Center
PO Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132
Attn: Tax Credits
For more information, or to secure tax credit paperwork, please contact us or use the resource links below.
Tax Credit Application
Rose Brooks Center’s country of permanent establishment – United States.
Rose Brooks Center is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of our donors, clients, and supporters and has put into practice guidelines to ensure the safety of information you choose to share with us. We will never sell or lease your information to any outside party, and we maintain best-practice safeguards with all data relating to your identity, charitable giving, and transactions with Rose Brooks Center.
This is the Donation Refund Policy for Rose Brooks Center. Rose Brooks Center collects donations on its website to support our mission. If you believe that an error has been made in connection with your online donation, please contact email@example.com. We will endeavor to work with you to correct any such error, and if necessary, make any refund or correction that is appropriate. If you change your mind about donating online to Rose Brooks Center, we are happy to honor your decision as long as you request a refund (return of donation) with 5 business days of the date on which you made the contribution.
How to Contact Us
To request a refund, email firstname.lastname@example.org and every attempt will be made to refund a donation to the same account used in receipt. If you feel that we are not abiding by this privacy, you should contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Full Privacy and Refund Policy
PRIVACY AND REFUND POLICY