Rose Brooks Center
Notice of Job Posting 2.21.18
LETHALITY ASSESSMENT PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Part-Time/Non-Exempt)
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency seeks a part-time, non-exempt Lethality Assessment Program (LAP) Coordinator, reporting to the Director of Community Programs.
This position creates the overall structure for the LAP-focused coordinated community response, organizes and prepares for the activities of the LAP team consisting of agency staff and community partners, and carries out all other activities necessary for the initiative. The Lethality Assessment Program Coordinator supports the implementation of LAP team recommendations and provides assistance to community partners in that process by developing strong community collaborations to enhance victim safety and promote offender accountability. The Blueprint for Safety is a coordinated plan to ensure that each related agency and practitioner is maximizing safety and well-being for victims and accountability for offenders. The Blueprint replaces a fragmented response with a common foundation, collective policy, and consistent attention to risk and danger. This position supports the Blueprint for Safety initiative by ensuring the voices and experiences of survivors are represented at all phases of the Blueprint process. This position will support the mission and values of the agency, collaborate across programs within Rose Brooks Center within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as within systems outside the agency.
- Guide a multi-disciplinary approach and response to implementation and utilization of LAP in the service area.
- Represent the experiences of survivors through all phases of becoming a Blueprint
- Provide data control and documentation of performance measures and outcomes in accordance with agency and grant reporting requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
For more information about Rose Brooks Center, visit: www.RoseBrooks.org. POSN #25-001-PT-LAPC
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Attend scheduled staff, team and supervision meetings.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined.
- Required Experience
- 2+ years of experience working in a Domestic Violence (DV) program or related field
- Skilled with meeting facilitation
- Ability to lead and manage groups
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively
- Experience and comfort with public speaking and training others
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs and Google Apps
- Proven organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, both internally and externally
- Ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with community partners
- Ability to manage concurrent projects
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills, including verbal and written communications
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Required Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or commensurate work experience
- Preferred Skills
- Bilingual Spanish-English
- Ability to learn and utilize additional forms of technology in addition to MSOffice programs.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position; 20-hours expected per week. This position will work a flexible work schedule to fulfill the responsibilities of the role.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to:
PO Box 320599
Or e-mail: HumanResources@rosebrooks.org
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications. For questions about this position, please contact Human Resources, 816-523-5550 x7108.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity
For more information visit www.rosebrooks.org