Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, is hiring a Maintenance Assistant. Under the direction of and in collaboration with the Facility Manager, the Maintenance Assistant performs job duties including general carpentry, painting and building repair, utilizes basic knowledge of electric, plumbing, heating and cooling systems, and provides oversight of all grounds keeping activities. This includes understanding and providing support for safety, security, and health activities and performing necessary maintenance to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for residents and staff. For more information visit, www.rosebrooks.org.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license, ability to provide proof of automobile insurance and satisfactory driving record according to Rose Brooks Center’s standards.
- Two years facility maintenance experience to include; general carpentry, painting and building repair skills, basic knowledge of electric, plumbing, heating and cooling systems, and operation of grounds keeping equipment, preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong problem solving ability with day to day facility needs and demonstrated resourcefulness.
- Ability to work in cooperation with other staff to include regular communications with staff, policies and procedures to ensure all facilities maintenance.
- Ability to work independently or as a team with minimal oversight or direction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Self-motivated, and be able to delegate tasks as needed.
- Solid organization and time management skills.
Physical and Mental Demands/Working Conditions – ability to perform the following with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to be in a stationary/standing position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to regularly move about both inside and outside of facility to access facility grounds, use equipment, tools and machinery, etc.
- Regularly works in outdoor weather conditions.
- Able to move items (furniture, equipment, boxes etc.) weighing up to 25 pounds across facility. Occasionally lifts items up to 25 pounds to a height of 3-4 feet.
- Able to position self by stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling to perform work throughout the facility.
- Regularly uses pulling and pushing motions with equipment and machinery (carts, lawn mower, snow blower, etc) to perform job responsibilities.
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder.
- Proficient with some Microsoft Office software to perform job responsibilities.
- Ability to learn technical or mechanical material.
This position is scheduled full-time, 40 hours per week, regularly scheduled Monday-Friday 8am to 4:30pm. Occasionally, evenings/weekends may be required to fulfill emergent needs.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life/long term disability insurance, 403b with employer match, generous vacation, sick, holiday and personal time.
COMPENSATION: This position falls into a non-exempt range starting at an hourly rate of $20.
To Apply: Visit https://www.rosebrooks.org/careers/ OR Email: HumanResources@rosebrooks.org
Candidates must consent to background and Division of Family Services (Central Registry/Child Abuse) screenings
Open until filled per qualifications. For questions, please contact Human Resources, 816-523-5550 x7108.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.