Part-Time Bilingual Therapist
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency seeks a part-time, non-exempt Bilingual Therapist, reporting to the Director of Clinical Services. This professional position conducts the delivery of domestic violence services to residents of the Shelter and other Clinical Services clients. In this position and as needed, you will deliver individual assessments, individual and group therapy, and advocacy and support planning services to clients enrolled in the Shelter or Housing programs and for clients in the community as capacity allows. As needed, this position will provide consultation, education and information to other professionals in the agency, and/or other community providers, regarding impacts of trauma, domestic violence, and mental health issues. Principle responsibilities are:
- Provide trauma-informed, individual and group therapy services for residential and non-residential clients as elected.
- Actively engage with assigned shelter residents in support planning, safety planning and therapeutic services throughout their stay.
- Provide advocacy and collaborative service coordination. Provide consultation and clinical support to the shelter team in implementing trauma-informed mental health intervention for residents as needed.
- Provide documentation and electronic records of therapeutic services delivered according to agency standards and professional ethics.
- Professional development and consultation activities.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in RBC competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center, and in accordance to agency policies/procedures.
- Perform all job responsibilities utilizing the principles of trauma informed care, accessibility, and cultural competency.
- Maintain awareness about the risks of secondary trauma and understand one’s own responsibility of self-care.
- Participate in all required trainings; attend scheduled staff, team and supervisor meetings.
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology or social work.
- Licensed or license eligible in MO.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish), including the ability to read, write, and speak fluently
- Knowledge of domestic violence dynamics and best practices
- Prior experience in providing therapy/counseling services, preferably in a residential setting
- Experience working with diverse individuals and groups in an equitable/inclusive manner
- Knowledge and experience in trauma informed care
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Computer literacy – proficient use of Windows operating system
Hours: This is a part-time, non-exempt position; scheduled hours are a mix of day and evening hours to meet the needs of the client.
Compensation: This is a non-exempt position, with an hourly rate starting at $24/hour, based on experience.
To Apply: Send resume & cover letter to: HumanResources@rosebrooks.org OR
Human Resources PO Box 320599 Kansas City, MO 64132
Candidates must consent to background screenings. Open until filled per qualifications. For questions, please contact Human Resources: 816-523-5550 x7108
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.