Police Victim Advocate
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, seeks a Police Victim Advocate whose primary role will be to provide survivor-centered, trauma-informed, equitable and inclusive advocacy and safety planning services for victims of domestic violence seen by the Domestic Violence Section of the Kansas City Missouri Police Department. This position is co-located within the Kansas City Missouri Police Department Domestic Vioelnce Section and will work cooperatively and collaboratively to establish, implement and evaluate an improved system for holding batterers accountable and improving victim safety. This position provides data control for grant compliance, coordinates services and collaborates with other Rose Brooks Center staff and service providers in the community, coordinates the quality and quantity of services provided. The Police Victim Advocate will support the mission and values of the agency and reports to the Advocacy and Education Manager.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Maintain office hours at the Kansas City Police Department Domestic Violence Section office space and on-site at Rose Brooks Center throughout each week.
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies, a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center, and according to agency policies and procedures.
- Fulfill obligations as a mandated reporter of child and elder abuse/neglect according to Missouri statutes.
- Attend scheduled staff and team meetings and participate in a minimum of 3 equity and inclusion activities per performance evaluation period.
- Required Experience/Education
- Bachelor’s degree in social science field or commensurate work experience
- Minimum one year advocacy experience, preferably with a domestic violence agency
- Knowledgeable of domestic violence and criminal justice system
- Ability to provide equitable and inclusive advocacy services
- Computer literacy
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Preferred Skills
- Experience working in a court setting and/or with law enforcement
- Knowledge of/training in Trauma Informed Care
Full-time, exempt position. Minimum 40-hrs per week, Monday-Friday, and may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132 OR
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.