Prevention Specialist, School-Based
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency seeks a full-time, exempt Prevention Specialist, reporting to the Director of Children’s Services. This position will provide violence prevention services to high-risk students in urban core schools starting in elementary fifth grade through high school.
Primary responsibilities include facilitating student groups and providing educational presentations focused on social skills and healthy relationships. Additional responsibilities include coordinating advocacy and referral services for students and parents as well as providing students with information on safety planning. Project SAFE Prevention Specialists also are accountable for maintaining timely and accurate program records about group sessions and client services.
- 2+ years experience in education and/or training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services, Education or related field
- Experience working with at-risk children
- Experience facilitating discussion or educational groups
- Valid driver’s license and proof of liability auto insurance
- Experience with prevention programs
- Experience working with school administration
- Knowledge of domestic violence
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish
- Computer literacy
- Proven organizational skills
- Effective team member in collaboration and cooperation
- Experience in developing and maintaining strong relationships
- Able to maintain accurate, timely documentation of services
- Experience providing culturally competent services or cultural diversity training
Other aspects of the position:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined.
- Attend scheduled supervision, staff and team meetings.
Hours: This is a full-time, exempt position scheduled Monday through Friday and requires a minimum of 40 hours/wk. The position works primarily in the schools, but also works on-site in an office environment. Some evening and weekend availability may be required.
Compensation: This position falls into a range starting at $44,000 annually (exempt).
To Apply: Apply online at https://www.rosebrooks.org/careers/ OR
E-mail resume to HumanResources@rosebrooks.org
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications. For questions, please contact Human Resources (816) 523-5550 x7108.
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.