Shelter Case Manager – After Care
Rose Brooks Center, a nonprofit domestic violence agency, is currently hiring for a full-time, Shelter After-Care Case Manager. The Shelter After-Care Case Manager is responsible for providing strengths-based case management and supportive services for survivors of domestic violence in a non-mandated, low barrier shelter setting. This position will provide services in a collaborative advocacy model with an emphasis placed on promoting long-term housing and economic stability for those transitioning out of emergency shelter. Direct services includes providing advocacy and assisting shelter residents with continuation of personal goal plans and access to community resources; coordinating services and resources with internal departments and external agencies; facilitating individual and group sessions utilizing the Economic Empowerment curriculum. This position needs to be highly organized and will maintain accurate and complete documentation of services to survivors and outcomes per grant source and quality assurance measures. The Shelter After-Care Case Manager will provide back-up support to the shelter staff and to callers on the crisis hotline.
Shelter Case Managers support the mission and values of the agency, providing survivors of domestic violence with survivor centered, accessible, trauma informed, and equitable and inclusive advocacy. The Shelter Case Manager must collaborate well within a multi-disciplinary team and across all programs at Rose Brooks Center, as well as navigate systems in the community. This position reports to the Director of Residential Services. For more information about Rose Brooks Center, visit www.rosebrooks.org.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field; or commensurate experience
- Two years Case Management experience, preferably in a domestic violence agency
- Knowledge of domestic violence
- Familiarity with Strengths-Based Perspective
- Knowledge of community resources
- Demonstrate equitable and inclusive practices
- Proficient use of MS Office/Windows operating system
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Able to work collaboratively – both internally and externally; relational and organizational skills
- Able to maintain accurate, timely documentation of services
- Valid driver’s license and proof of liability auto insurance
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English and/or American Sign Language
- Two years Advocacy experience
- Experience in crisis response.
- Knowledge and experience in trauma informed care.
- Experience providing financial management and planning education
Other aspects of the position:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Engage all survivor clients in positive interactions to demonstrate care and compassion and develop genuine relationships.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Participate in all required trainings/optional trainings as determined; attend scheduled staff/team meetings.
- Excellent understanding of current available resources and eligibility requirements.
- Flexibility within the Shelter Program and Rose Brooks Center to perform alternate roles as needed.
Hours: This is a full-time salaried position, primarily day and mid-shifts, however flexibility is required to accommodate participants’ schedules and needs, including some weekend hours and holidays.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132 OR Email: HumanResources@Rosebrooks.org
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.