Shelter Case Manager
Rose Brooks Center, a nonprofit domestic violence agency, is currently hiring for a full-time Shelter Case Manager. The Shelter Case Manager is responsible for providing strengths-based case management and supportive services for survivors of domestic violence in a non-mandated, low barrier shelter setting. This position will provide services in a collaborative advocacy model with an emphasis placed on promoting housing and economic stability. Direct services includes providing advocacy and assisting shelter residents with personal goal plans and access to community resources; coordinating services and resources with internal departments and external agencies; facilitating individual and group sessions utilizing the Economic Empowerment curriculum. This position needs to be highly organized and will maintain accurate and complete documentation of services to survivors and outcomes per grant source and quality assurance measures. The Shelter Case Managers provide support to callers on the crisis hotline and to shelter staff.
Shelter Case Managers support the mission and values of the agency, providing survivors of domestic violence with survivor centered, accessible, trauma informed, and culturally competent advocacy. The Shelter Case Manager must collaborate well within a multi-disciplinary team and across all programs at Rose Brooks Center, as well as navigate systems in the community.
This position reports to the Director of Residential Services. For more information about Rose Brooks Center, visit www.rosebrooks.org.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field, or commensurate work experience
- Two years Case Management experience, preferably in a domestic violence agency
- Knowledge of domestic violence
- Familiarity with Strengths-Based Perspective
- Knowledge of community resources
- Demonstrate culturally competent practices
- Proficient use of MS Office/Windows operating system.
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Able to work collaboratively with others – both internally and externally.
- Relational and organizational skills
- Able to maintain accurate, timely documentation of services
- Valid driver’s license and proof of liability auto insurance
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English
- Two years Advocacy experience
- Experience in crisis response.
- Knowledge and experience in trauma informed care.
- Experience providing financial management and planning education
- American Sign Language
Other aspects of the position:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Engage all survivor clients in positive interactions to demonstrate care and compassion and develop genuine relationships.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined.
- Attend scheduled staff and team meetings.
- Excellent understanding of current available resources and eligibility requirements.
- Ability to be flexible within the Shelter Program and Rose Brooks Center overall to perform alternate roles as needed.
Hours: This is a full-time salaried position, primarily day and mid-shifts, however flexibility to accommodate participants’ schedules and needs, including some weekend hours and holidays.
Exempt (Position #200-003-FT-SCMB)
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening.
Deadline: Open until filled per required qualifications
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.