ROSE BROOKS CENTER
Notice of Job Posting: 6/17/19
SHELTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST/THERAPIST –
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, seeks a full-time, exempt Shelter Support Specialist/Therapist to conduct the delivery of domestic violence therapeutic services to Residential and Non-Residential clients. This position will deliver support planning and safety planning for residents of shelter, actively engaging residents in therapeutic support services available, providing crisis intervention as needed and help link residents to the internal/external resources needed to help reduce their vulnerability to ongoing crises stemming from mental health and trauma.
This position will also deliver individual assessments, individual and group therapy, advocacy and support planning services to survivors in both Residential and Non-Residential services. This position will provide advocacy and collaborative support and coordination to the shelter/clinical teams to provide meaningful, trauma-informed interventions and support to survivors in crisis. This position will provide professional development and consultation to others on domestic violence and related mental health issues and will follow agency policy and guidelines for documentation of therapeutic services.
This position reports to the Director of Clinical Services.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
Perform all job responsibilities utilizing the principles of trauma informed care, accessibility, and cultural competency.
- Maintain awareness about the risks
- of secondary trauma and understand one’s own responsibility of self-care.
- Fulfill obligations as a mandated reporter of child and elder abuse/neglect according to Missouri statutes.
- Attend scheduled staff, team, supervision and other required meetings.
- Assess mental health/substance abuse issues for clients and access additional supportive services as required.
- Communicate clinical information to the team process with recommendation for individual treatment needs and assistance in implementation of the overall plan.
This is a full-time salaried position working a minimum of 40 hours. This position requires a flexible work schedule including 2 evenings per week that accommodate residents’ schedules and needs. On-call rotation is expected with this position for approximately 1 week/weekend every 10 weeks.
- Knowledgeable of Domestic Violence/Cultural diversity
- Prior experience in providing therapy/counseling services
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with others – internal and external
- Demonstrates initiative and responsibility
- Provides excellent customer service to others including staff, clients, donors and community members
- Demonstrates respect for diversity
- Works both independently as well as an effective team member and strives to improve staff/client relations
- Takes ownership and is an active participant in the established self-development process
- Understands trauma and its impact
- Computer literacy
- 1+ years’ work experience in a residential setting
- Spanish-English Bi-lingual
3. Required Education and Licensure
- Master’s degree in clinical Counseling, Psychology, or Social Work.
- Clinical licensure or approved license eligible for the State of MO (Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW; Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, LMFT; Licensed Professional Counselor, LPC)
To Apply: Send or e-mail resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening
Deadline: Open until filled per qualifications. For questions about this position, please contact Human Resources, 816-523-5550 x7108.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.